Collecting Cisco netflow logs in argus format

Carter Bullard carter at qosient.com
Wed Jul 31 19:29:18 EDT 2013

Hey Desmond,
We don't currently support parsing netflow records from packets directly off the wire.
You can parse netflow records from packets in a file, using this
type of command line call:

   argus -r cisco:file.name -w - | ra

We can change this, but there are some practical issues with incomplete
packet capture (snaplen < 1500) and parsing netflow, as well as taking
arbitrary udp packets and looking to see if you can find netflow
contents.

If this is something you would like to test out, and don't mind being
the quinea pig, we can provide an argus.conf option or something like:

   argus -S localhost -M parseCisco

To direct argus to attempt to find cisco records in udp packets.

Is this helpful ?

Carter