ArgusEncode32() accepts little endian?

Matt Brown matthewbrown at gmail.com
Mon Jul 15 13:15:28 EDT 2013

Carter,

Hope all is well.  Last Thursday I started to look into reversing the
nDPI classes and creating an raservices() conf file from the byte
pattern classification definitions therein.

I struggled to understand the c notation, etc, but have arrived on the
question of whether or not ArgusEncode32() takes a little endian data
value as input and "outputs" this data expressed as a string made up
of its value in hex.

For instance, if I take a value from afp.c (within nDPI) and see
htons(0x0004), I can assume that when converted with ArgusEncode32(),
the "output" will be "00000004".

Out of this, I can then generate the "src=" or "dst=" portions of a
line for an raservices() conf file.

Is this correct?

Additionally, as for the syntax of the raservices() conf file, what
does the "n=" value mean?

Thanks,

Matt