application protocol identification

Carter Bullard carter at qosient.com
Thu Jul 11 13:22:37 EDT 2013

We have raservices() that does a good job, but the signature file is a bit difficult to manage, and the documentation is poor.

I like CS Lee's suggestion, but we should be able to support OpenDPI, as well as nDPI, if we go down that route.  I'll look at this, but raservices() in conjunction with rauserdata() does do a decent job at this problem, since it guesses if it doesn't have a distinct match.  Finds families of protocols, or what some have described as protocol strategies.

Carter