Size of first packet flow issue

Jesse Bowling jessebowling at gmail.com
Wed Jul 3 09:37:34 EDT 2013

Perhaps you're not using enough punctuation.... ;)

>From argus.conf:
# Argus can be configured to capture a number of user data
# bytes from the packet stream.
#
# The default value is to not generate this data.
#
# Commandline equivalent   -U
#

ARGUS_CAPTURE_DATA_LEN=1480

That should do it. Note that this measurement is bytes, not packets. So if
you have 1480 bytes in the first packet, you'll only get the first packet.
If you have 1480 bytes in the first 10 packets, you'll have 10 packets
worth. There is no option (that I'm aware of) to capture based on number of
packets.

Please consider the following sites for additional information:

http://www.qosient.com/argus

(this one has some outdated info in it, but can give you some examples that
you can then research at the above site)
http://nsmwiki.org/Argus

Cheers,

Jesse

--