Two questions

Craig Merchant cmerchant at responsys.com
Thu Jan 31 21:25:07 EST 2013

Thanks, Carter.  Looks like your example had an additional \ before the ).  This is what worked for me:

[root at ids-manager01-dc1 ~]# ralabel -S 192.168.1.40:561 -s +label:200 -f /usr/local/argus/ralabel.conf -w - | ra -r - -s +label:200 -M -label="(?\!whitelisted)"

We turned Argus on a couple days ago and setup a few security searches, such as looking for unusual outbound SSH traffic.  There were several instances of high port to high port connections where Argus was confused about the direction.  It would definitely simplify that kind of analysis if Argus could be told that a list of IPs, protocols, and ports should always be the destination of a flow.

Thanks for being responsive to the community!

Craig