ratop hangs

Craig Merchant cmerchant at responsys.com
Sun Jan 13 22:11:15 EST 2013

I'm running the 3.0.6.2 version of the clients on a CentOS 6.2 machine.

If I have ratop connect to a remote Argus daemon that is monitoring a network with traffic between 2.5 Gbps and 10 Gbps, ratop will run for about 60-90 seconds and then stop updating the flow data.  The CPU will steadily increase to 100% and then after it hangs, the CPU will slowly drop down less than 1%.

I should mention that the remote Argus daemon is running on top of DNA/libzero and listens on an interface provided by the pfdnacluster_master app.

Any idea how I can troubleshoot this?

Thx.

Craig