Bug with malformed host in filter

Dave Edelman dedelman at iname.com
Tue Feb 26 20:53:11 EST 2013

I can verify that under FC14 ra 3.0.7.3 does not segfault but it does
complain about a filter syntax error.

# ra -S localhost:561 - host 10
ra[458]: Wed 2013-02-27 01:14:42.277 host 10 filter syntax error

This is strange because according to the inet(3) man page, 10 is a perfectly
acceptable IPv4 address.
Just to make things even stranger, I do have a valid DNS resolution for 10
which is no surprise given Cablevision's level of technical acumen. (At
least they aren't claiming to be authoritative.)

#  dig 10

; <<>> DiG 9.7.4-P1-RedHat-9.7.4-2.P1.fc14 <<>> 10
;; global options: +cmd
;; Got answer:
;; flags: qr rd ra; QUERY: 1, ANSWER: 1, AUTHORITY: 0, ADDITIONAL: 0

;; QUESTION SECTION:
;10.                            IN      A

;; ANSWER SECTION:
10.                     0       IN      A       67.63.55.3

;; Query time: 54 msec
;; SERVER: 167.206.245.130#53(167.206.245.130)
;; WHEN: Wed Feb 27 01:15:15 2013
;; MSG SIZE  rcvd: 36

--Dave

OS X.