Starting out

Carter Bullard carter at qosient.com
Fri Feb 8 08:09:22 EST 2013

Hey Paul,
Welcome !!  Radium is used primarily for 3 reasons.  1) to collect argus data from multiple sources, 2) provide multiple access to real time argus data streams, and 3) to perform near real time streaming analytics, like geo labeling.

You may not need radium, buts its nice to have around.  Have radium collect the data stream from argus, and then archive he data from radium, using either rasplit() or rastream().  Rastream is rasplit() but with a single additional feature, which provides archive file processing, like indexing and compression.  It works great for argus data, not good for netflow flow data, use rasplit() if you just want to pop the records in an arch e structure or file.

Carter