Does Argus support RST state in UDP flow?

el draco eldraco at gmail.com
Fri Aug 23 04:59:47 EDT 2013

Hi Rahimeh.
What do you mean with rest? do you mean reset?
UDP is stateless and transaction-oriented so there are no flag bits
like the reset bit in TCP.

When you send a UDP packet to close port, you will get an ICMP
port-unreacheable packet back.
In argus (unidirectional and bidirectional), that connection is seen
like this if you use ra:

ra -s +flgs -n -Z b -S localhost - "host x.x.x.x"

StartTime       Dur     Proto   SrcAddr Sport   Dir     DstAddr Dport
 State   sTos    dTos    TotPkts TotBytes        Flgs