Couple things...

David Edelman dedelman at iname.com
Tue Aug 6 23:41:32 EDT 2013

Craig,

Just in case you are running into something odd in the argus.conf file, I
suggest that you add ­X as the very first argument to the invocation of
argus. I suggest something very simple like:

# /usr/local/bin/argus ­X ­r somefile.pcap ­w /tmp/somefile.argus

If that works (and /tmp is almost always a good place to write the output
because it avoids permission problems) then use recount() on the
/tmp/somefile.argus to make sure that everything is as expected and let us
know what happened.

--Dave