Couple things...

Craig Merchant cmerchant at responsys.com
Thu Aug 1 19:02:10 EDT 2013

Hey, Carter...

I just wanted to check in and see if you anything else from me on the labeling issue or argus crashing when trying to convert a pcap file.  Let me know...

I'm also having some issues with keystroke detection with the latest release.  The following command used to work in my testing:

/usr/local/bin/ra -S 10.10.10.10:561 -n -u -c "," -s "+0dnstroke,+1snstroke" - host 10.1.1.1 and host 10.1.1.2

I tried both a normal and reverse SSH session between the two hosts and neither one registered keyboard strokes of varying speeds and intensity.

All I've done is commented out the defaults in argus.conf:

ARGUS_KEYSTROKE="yes"
ARGUS_KEYSTROKE_CONF="GPC_MAX=4"

I performed pretty much the same testing a couple months ago and got plenty of flows where keystrokes were detected.  Please let me know what you'd recommend for troubleshooting that.

Thanks.

Craig