argus malloc memory corruption error

Mike Iglesias iglesias at uci.edu
Thu Aug 1 03:39:58 EDT 2013

I'm using argus-3.0.7.4 on a Fedora 17 x86_64 system.  I started argus reading
from one of the network interfaces (which is fed from a monitor session on a
Cisco router) and feeding radium running on another system.  It appears that
shortly after the ARGUS_FLOW_STATUS_INTERVAL (within 5 seconds or so), I get
this in /var/log/messages:

*** glibc detected *** argus: malloc(): memory corruption: 0x00007fe6779f2bd0 ***

argus doesn't crash, but it doesn't feed any more data to radium or write to a
local file.  I'll try to get more information out of it when I get in the
office in the morning.

Mike Iglesias                          Email:       iglesias at uci.edu
University of California, Irvine       phone:       949-824-6926
Office of Information Technology       FAX:         949-824-2270