argus processing pcaps

Dave Edelman dedelman at iname.com
Sun Apr 28 22:24:10 EDT 2013

Carter,

In each instance the files are from different places eg: a wide -area load
balanced website would have two or more sources of packet capture. I think
that the reason that I started to use the -X was occasional trouble with the
-n parameter. By using -X I knew the starting point for the -n so I could be
sure of what was being translated and what would appear untranslated. Is
there a solution looking for a problem similar to allowing an optional value
for -n to fix the setting regardless of the .rarc file?

--Dave