Long time series

Rafael Barbosa rrbarbosa at gmail.com
Wed Sep 26 08:05:40 EDT 2012

Hi all,

What is the recommended way to generate large time series with rabins?

Some context. I am running:
$> rabins -f racluster.conf -M hard time 1h -r ../data/* - some-filter >
time-series.txt

And:
$> cat racluster.conf
filter="" status=0 idle=300

In the 'data' folder I have around 3 months of data and, each file with
roughly 40-60min worth of traffic. However I rapidly run out of memory and
I can't afford the swapping. Is there a way to do this with argus using
less memory? Or should I start generating multiple time-series (eg. 1 per
day) and 'stitch' then together afterwards?

I tried setting -B 5s, but if I seems to have little impact, if any.

Extra: why does rabins not accept the -R option?

Rafael Barbosa
http://www.ewi.utwente.nl/~barbosarr/