Database design concerns

Paul Schmehl pschmehl_lists at tx.rr.com
Fri Oct 26 00:05:33 EDT 2012

Carter, after patching the old version of argus, the creation of tables is
working.

I ran a day's worth of data and ended up with over 120 million rows.
Creating a differently named table each day complicates queries that cross
day boundaries, so I'd like to avoid that, if possible.

I'm thinking about creating a monthly table and then using daily partitions
to keep query times fast.  After indexing stime, saddr and daddr, most of
my queries complete in less than a second.

Is there a reason you don't index any of the columns?

Paul Schmehl, Senior Infosec Analyst