new argus and clients dev code

Carter Bullard carter at qosient.com
Mon Oct 8 19:29:48 EDT 2012

Gentle people,
I've uploaded argus-3.0.7.1, and argus-clients-3.0.7.[23] to the developers web site,
so we now have ' official ' developers versions of both argus and the client software.

   http://qosient.com/argus/dev

argus has new code that fixes IPv6 parsing as well as support netflow v9 packet
parsing in the sensor.  While its primarily for testing, it can be extended so that
argus could be a netflow collector.

   argus -r cisco:/path/to/a/file.pcap

radium and the other ra* programs are the official netflow collectors, and the
recommended way to extract netflow off the wire.

There are still features coming for argus to deal with new Napatech cards, and PF_RING
issues, so consider this the first dev version of argus since the release of 3.0.6.

The clients fix a number of bugs on the list, such as direction issues for racluster().
I will be releasing new code in the next weeks, but clients-3.0.7.3 should have fixed
all the major bugs reported over the last weeks.

Hope all is most excellent, and if you think your bug or feature is missing,
send email to the list !!!!!