No argus port maintainer for FreeBSD

elof2 at sentor.se elof2 at sentor.se
Tue Nov 20 10:13:46 EST 2012

Hi list!

The current maintainer of the FreeBSD port of Argus has very little free
time, so Argus haven't been updated for some time, and probably never will
be.

This is really sad.

Without a port, we have to manually compile argus and install it directly
onto the systems, bypassing all the packaging logic and existing
distribution systems built around ports and packages. :-/

So, is there anyone interested in taking over as maintainer of the FreeBSD
port of argus?

Unfortunetly I am no programmer, so I am not the person to do this.

The current maintainer Alexander (support at spectrum.ru) welcome a new
person to step in and take over the net-mgmt/argus3 and
net-mgmt/argus3-clients ports.

/Elof