argus and Netflow

Riccardo Veraldi Riccardo.Veraldi at cnaf.infn.it
Fri Nov 16 04:11:01 EST 2012

Hello,
I would like to use argus to analyze netflow traffic format, but it is
not very clear to me how to do it.
Do I still need the argus daemon and to redirect netflow traffic to the
machine where daemon is running,
or simply I can run argus client on the target netflow machine ?
Netflow traffic should be rewritten in argus format on the disk ?
I Am sorry but I did not understand very much how to do.
I have been using argus to monitor network traffic on mirror port since
many many years, but  the uplink speed
grew to 10Gbps and this solution is no more efficent and scalable, and I
must use Netflow.
To tell the truth I am using Netflow Analyzer now but it is not so
flexible as argus.
With argus I can use my own perl scripts to search for specific traffic
patterns...

thank you

Riccardo