state

Carter Bullard carter at qosient.com
Tue Nov 6 08:53:48 EST 2012

Hey CS Lee,
All the flags are listed in the ra.1 man page under the -Z option description.
The Z option prints the TCP flags that were seen, and there are only 8 flags.

The thing is that the expected states are any of the 8 TCP flag values, that
are concatenated together, then there is a '_' to separate the src and dst.
That isn't mentioned in the manpage, so I'll have to fix that.

The format of the resulting Status field when using the -Zb option is:

   State = [flag[flag[flag]]][_][flag[flag[flag]]]
   flag = [F,S,R,P,A,U,7,8]

with examples of
    SAPF_SAPF
    SA
    SR
    S_R

Now there are a lot of states that you can get without the -Z -z option that don't appear
to be documented.  Let me respond to that later today.

Carter