argus[-clients]-3.0.6 patches and tarfiles

Carter Bullard carter at qosient.com
Tue Jun 12 11:34:06 EDT 2012

Gentle people,
We have new patches and tarfiles for the stable versions of argus and the clients, which I'll
make official this week.  The first set of patches fixed issues with memory leaks in some
interesting situations, and this next set fix issues with deadlocks when argus data generation
and collection experience congestion, not problems for everyone, but definitely important
fixes.

Some minor bugs and printing issues are fixed, and are mentioned in the ChangeLog of
each distribution.

I will put a more detailed description on the web site, when I 'announce' the new distributions
as the stable releases.

I would highly recommend that you grab and test these new distributions, before they go
live, especially if you are working in the 1+ Gbps sensor range, use radium for collection,
or have implemented your own sensors in custom equipment (potential for sensor / client
performance mismatch).

Code can be found at:
   http://qosient.com/argus/dev/argus-3.0.6.1.tar.gz
   http://qosient.com/argus/dev/argus-clients-3.0.6.2.tar.gz

Patches can be found at:
   http://qosient.com/argus/dev/patch-argus-3-0-6-1-diff
   http://qosient.com/argus/dev/patch-argus-clients-3-0-6-1-diff
   http://qosient.com/argus/dev/patch-argus-clients-3-0-6-2-diff

The patch files convert from one version to the next, and should be applied
in order.

If you have any issues at all with these tarfiles or patches, please send email to
the list, at your earliest convenience.

Thanks for all the help !!!!!!