Forced obfuscation in user data?

elof2 at sentor.se elof2 at sentor.se
Tue Jan 17 04:29:36 EST 2012

Ah, an undocumented feature.
-x solved it. Thanks.

BTW, in my logs I found a bunch of plaintext passwords even when not using
-x. Apparently you only obfuscate the first PASS in a session.
In sessions where the first login attempt(s) fail, ra will reveal the
password of the second and later attempts.

<- Welcome-banner
-> USER foo PASS bar1
<- Login incorrect
-> USER foo PASS bar!
<- Login successful

suser data printed by ra (without -x) show:
s[42]=USER foo..PASS xxxx..USER foo..PASS bar!..
while ra -x reveal both passwords:
s[42]=USER foo..PASS bar1..USER foo..PASS bar!..

/Elof