init script starts argus, but hangs

Carter Bullard carter at qosient.com
Fri Dec 14 16:18:59 EST 2012

Hey Craig,
If your script runs successfully from the command line, it should run fine under chkconfig, HOWEVER,
depending on what you're doing, you may need argus to either run in the foreground or background.

You have ARGUS_DAEMON=yes in argus.conf, but how is your script trying to call argus?
If there is a " -d " it will toggle the DAEMON mode off.  Don't do that.

If it is failing, it maybe a permissions or a path issue, such as a LD_LIBRARY_PATH problem,
as the script will run in a different environment than you shell.

Debug messages for daemonized argus will be written to syslog.

Carter