Collecting multiple types of information at once

Carter Bullard carter at qosient.com
Thu Aug 30 16:21:00 EDT 2012

OK, so I've been thinking about this, and it seems that you're thinking that you
want to label flows when they are processed by a specific line in the racluster.conf file?
It would be trivial to add a labeling step in the racluster/rabins processing path.

You can do a preliminary pipeline to do this by using ralabel() piping into rabins().
The ralabel.conf and the racluster.conf strategies are the same, fall through filter
statements.  You can have the same filter logic that labels the flows as a first
stage in a pipeline, and then your racluster() would get flows that are pre-labeled,
and the aggregation will preserve the labels so that all the output flows can be
identified using the " -s +label" field.

Once you look into it, you should see that its pretty simple to test.

What I can do, if you want the resulting aggregations to have a unique label so you
can tell what aggregation was used for the output flow, we can add a " label='string'"
field to the racluster.conf configuration file entry.  Does that sound like what you're
thinking ?

Carter