Best way to use ARGUS_OUTPUT_STREAM

Will Urbanski will.urbanski at gmail.com
Fri Aug 24 18:50:26 EDT 2012

Thanks for the quick feedback Carter! In the example below you mentioned
that ra -S argus-udp://my.central.collector.net:561 can be used for RA to
remotely connect and read from an argus or radium service. Would the proper
configuration on the argus instance be:

argus -i eth0 -w argus-udp://my-ra-addr:561

or

argus -i eth0 -B -P561

It's still not clear to me what needs to be run to receive the output of
 "argus -w argus-udp://collector:561". When -B is used on radium or argus
it seems to open a TCP socket, not a UDP socket. Maybe I am not reading it
correctly but it seems like RADIUM_ARGUS_SERVER in radium.conf is designed
to read directly from the argus/radium install itself, not received
"pushed" data.

Thanks again, really appreciate the assistance.

Will

--
Will Urbanski
(540) 521-5646