Export to Netflow

el draco eldraco at gmail.com
Fri Oct 28 11:41:18 EDT 2011

Hi carter! sorry for the late reply, and thanks for your answer.

Let me tell something more about what I'm doing, so you can help me

My program needs to work along with a set of other tools. And they
should all read plain Netflows too.
Normally we will have only Netflows as our input, but I'm running some
experiments to verify my hypothesis that need to convert my captured
pcaps to netflows.

When this is over, we will only have Netflows from different sources
as the input to our programs. I can not change that.

My program is trying to detect Botnets in a network based on
behavioral features. Other programs are being tested to on this
subject. Our network setup is designed to have several routers sending
data to a collector.
We read the netflows from that collector.

Normally:
Netflows -> Set of programs -> Netflows with a label

For hypothesis testing:
Pcaps from controlled experiments -> Netflows -> Set of programs ->
Netflows with a label

Argus is the best program to make this pcap->netflow conversion, but
it is not perfect because of the flag issue I talked previously. Other
programs 'seems' to work, but they lose too much information.

Thanks for your help!
eldraco