Newbish question about rasqlinsert - need mysql dev package installed

John Gerth gerth at graphics.stanford.edu
Fri May 20 17:27:07 EDT 2011

On 5/20/2011 2:20 PM, Ralph Adame wrote:
> Greetings all. Apologies in advance for the very basic question. I've
> been reading about rasqlinsert for some time and finally have cycles
> to attempt to use it.
>
> So, I download, compiled, and installed argus-clients-3.0.4.1 but do
> not see the rasqlinsert binary anywhere. Do I need to actually
> configure with mysql flags/options for the binary to be built and
> installed? e.g.
>
> ./configure --with-mysql=yes
>
> I'm running Ubutnu 11.04. Thank you.

 The most likely thing is that you don't have the mysql development package
 installed. argus needs that to get the headers and client libs. It's easy
 to check (see below) with:
        dpkg -l libmysqlclient-dev

 BTW, same is true for RedHat-like distros, although there you check with
        rpm -q mysql-devel

--
John Gerth      gerth at graphics.stanford.edu  Gates 378   (650) 725-3273  fax 723-0033

************ sample dpkg