Argus Filter Question

Leif Tishendorf ltishend at gmail.com
Tue May 17 13:16:06 EDT 2011

I wonder if there would be some overhead reduction if Argus read the ERF
directly rather then having to have libpcap read the ERF translate and
then hand to Argus.  If so, that would be a bonus.  Also I have some
weird timestamping issues (on occasion Argus gets packets it seems to
think have hit a worm hole and have arrived from 1964(they must have hit
88MPH)) and I'm wondering if getting the timestamp from the ERF
timestamp header would correct that.

Instead of filtering at the libpcap level I've moved it back to the
rasplit so I can also filter out a few other things that libpcap doesn't
understand.

Adding the Dag option back in certainly isn't a priority, or if you
don't think it has any value.

-Leif

--
--Leif