argus-clients-3.0.5.2 on the server

Carter Bullard carter at qosient.com
Thu Mar 31 13:51:22 EDT 2011

I sent this a couple of days ago, but it didn't make it to the list?  So resending.

I have uploaded argus-clients-3.0.5.2 to the developers site.
  http://qosient.com/argus/dev/argus-clients-latest.tar.gz

This distribution has fixes for all the issues reported to the list that I could reproduce.
I fixed a minor bug to support changing the metric that is the basis for the 'mean',
'max', 'min', 'stddev', and the 'sum' variable, and added documentation for using
the RACLUSTER_AGG_METRIC variable in the racluster.conf example and manpage.
If you have a file that has AGR's in it, and you try to aggregate it with records that have
a different metric as the basis for the AGR, then we won't aggregate the values in the AGR
and leave the values unmodified.  The records will aggregate though, just the AGR will
not be changed.   At least that is how it works right now.  If you would like to programs
like racluster() to stop and generate an error message, then I can do that, or generate
a non-terminating warning message.  All are possible.

Please download and give this set of clients a go, so to speak.

Thanks for all  the support,