pid files...

Russell Fulton r.fulton at auckland.ac.nz
Mon Jun 27 21:13:26 EDT 2011

Wow, long time no posts :)  Yes I'm still doing things with argus -- just totally snowed under :(

I am currently reworking the management of my sensors and using puppet to do all the heavy lifting and I have got the to the point that I really want to be able to specify the name of the pid file as well as the path.  I could make separate directories for the various argus processors but I would much rather not.

Currently I am running multiple argus processes on one interface but I am only getting one pid file argus.eth1.0.pid

The two processes are spawned very close together and I suspect there is a race condition where the files are being overwritten.

Google turns up a reference to a config option ARGUS-PID-FILENAME but it does not appear to be current.

Have I missed something?

Russell

PS.  running 3.0.2 if it matters....