argus-3.0.5.4 and argus-clients-3.0.5.15 on dev server

Carter Bullard carter at qosient.com
Tue Jun 21 08:59:17 EDT 2011

Gentle people,
I've uploaded a new argus and argus-clients.  These add and fix support for using
numbers and strings for the srcid,  and there are a number of fixes in the clients
for bugs that have been reported, such as correction for time reporting when using
the "-M hard" option with rabins(), fixes for rasplit() and of course, we made some major
changes to improve client performance.

   http://qosient.com/argus/dev/argus-latest.tar.gz
   http://qosient.com/argus/dev/argus-clients-latest.tar.gz

Please take a look at these development distributions, and if they don't fix your
problem, send email !!!!!

I am adding support for netflow-v9 and sflow and that implementation is in, but
not quite there, so you may see changes to man pages, configuration files,
and usage() messages that reflect the ability of argus to parse cisco records from
packets, and conversion of netflow and sflow to argus etc....  These are coming,
so if that is important to you, please send emails as well.  What is working to date,
is netflow v1, 5, 7, and 8 parsing from pcap files, so we're getting there.

   argus -r cisco:pcap.file -w - | ra

Thanks for all the help,