argus 3.0.3-20 Bivio patch

carter at qosient.com carter at qosient.com
Sat Jan 22 10:59:45 EST 2011

Hey Joel,
Added and Thanks!!!!!!
Hope all is most excellent,

-----Original Message-----
From: "Joel Ebrahimi" <jebrahimi at bivio.net>
Sender: argus-info-bounces+carter=qosient.com at lists.andrew.cmu.edu
Date: Fri, 21 Jan 2011 13:52:45
To: <argus-info at lists.andrew.cmu.edu>
Subject: [ARGUS] argus 3.0.3-20 Bivio patch

I have been testing the latest development release on the Bivio
platform.  There is an issue with one of the special devices we have
from the Bivio interfaces. We have modified pcap in a number of way and
one of this is to use the keyword 'default' which allows polling from
all interfaces as a single logical interface. In the function
ArgusGetInterfaceStatus there is an ioctl call that does not work with
this interface. I modified the code to look for the keyword default and
set the interface state. Its essentially the same thing that is done for
the 'dag' card , only looking for 'default' now.

Patch is attached.

Cheers,

// Joel

Joel Ebrahimi