Radium dropping connections to argi

Phillip Deneault deneault at WPI.EDU
Fri Feb 4 12:11:28 EST 2011

On 1/31/2011 1:59 PM, Phillip Deneault wrote:
> This might muddle the issue, but I'm having an odd issue with radium
> too.  The longer radium is running, the fewer and fewer records seem >
to be recorded.  It appears that the radium instance loses it
> connection to the argi one at a time and doesn't keep retrying and
> doesn't throw an error in the logs about any soft of failed
> connection.
>
> There are quite a few nodes I'm connecting to (all on the local lan),
> and this was happening in 3.0.2 version of argus-clients as well as
> 3.0.3.21(which I am running now).  I'm running Centos 5.5.
>
> I'm uping the debug level and trying to figure this out, but can
> anyone else confirm they see this problem?

So I'll assume no one else is seeing this problem.

Yesterday we had some network interruption and a number of the nodes
once again got disconnected from the radium instance.  It appears the
radium instance tried to reconnect 10 times, all with a 'no route to
host' before it appeared to stop retrying.

The number 10 sounds to me like a nice round number, is this a hardcoded
retry count in radium?

I might be getting ahead of myself but should I instead use the -p
option to kill radium if I drop a connection and use a process monitor
to restart it?

Thanks,
Phil