My hourly argus data files from time to time freeze up any ra tools that touch them

Chris Wilson chris-argus at qwirx.com
Fri Sep 24 12:53:10 EDT 2010

Hi Claudio,

On Fri, 24 Sep 2010, Claudio Luck wrote:

> I can confirm that this (also) happens when running an archive over
> NFSv3 and works fine instead when using a local XFS storage. I think
> there is a different handling of concurrent writes in NFS (v3 at least)
> compared to local file-systems (Linux). There must be some assumption in
> how the files are written in rasplit that only holds for local
> file-systems.

Is the NFS export mounted with the sync or async option? With async, you
get much better performance because the client caches and groups writes to
the server, but concurrent access could cause exactly this kind of
corruption.

You could try adding the "sync" option to your mount and see if that
solves corruption issues?

Cheers, Chris.
--
\ _/_/_/_//_/___/ | Stop nuclear war http://www.nuclearrisk.org |