convert argus logs to pcap files

Carter Bullard carter at qosient.com
Fri Oct 8 16:59:30 EDT 2010

Hey Paul,
You can dump the user data using "-M encode32" and you'll see a hex dump.  If you
need a different format, we can add more, without issue, just need a name for the format.
We also support "-M encode64", but not necessarily useful for you.

If you are interested in finding repeating patterns, you should use rauserdata(), as it
is designed to reveal patterns in user data buffers.  It is not well documented, but it
works pretty good.

Wait until argus-client-3.0.3.19 hits the server this weekend before trying to use
rauserdata() or raservices(), as George reported a number of bugs that are now fixed.

Carter