alternative way to get spktsz/dpktsz histograms

Carter Bullard carter at qosient.com
Fri Oct 8 15:38:56 EDT 2010

Hey Berkay,
The packet size distribution support is ready, but I have not scheduled it for release until
argus-3.0.6.   Without the histograms, you still can get max, min, mean, and stddev for the
packet sizes on a flow basis.  You can do a lot of stats with these values, and short
ARGUS_FAR_STATUS_INTERVAL times, and that may satisfy until we release argus-3.0.4.
At the time we release 3.0.4, we'll  immediately start argus-3.0.5.x, which will have the
run-time histogram support.

But I noticed that I took out the packet size stat printing in the ra* programs, when I put in the
HISTOGRAM printing support.  I'll put that back in right now.

Carter

On Oct 8, 2010, at 12:46 AM, Berkay Celik wrote:

> Hey all,
> The -s options of the spktsz and dpktsz is not released with the final version of the argus, is there an alternative way to get these histograms?
>
> spktsz histogram for the src packet size distribution
> dpktsz histogram for the dst packet size distribution
>
> thanks
>
> berkey

Carter Bullard
CEO/President