Too many inputs

Carter Bullard carter at qosient.com
Mon Nov 29 16:33:31 EST 2010

Rafael,
Looks like you're feeding packets into the flow engine in the wrong time order.  The engine saw a packet from
Mon Feb  2 07:25:23 EST 2009  and then the next packet was from a week earlier, Mon Jan 26 19:06:10 EST 2009.
This is confusing for argus (how to timeout flows, etc....) and indicates that there must be a serious error in the packet source, so we bail with an error.  Can you feed the packet files to mergecap() so that they come in some time order?

I would go with CS Lee's recommendation to just run argus independently on the files, and then merge those output files together with racluster().

   bash%  for i in file*; do echo $i; argus -r $i -w argus.$i.out; done
   bash%  racluster -r argus*.out -w argus.out

Would that work for you?

Carter