Argus Freezes

Carter Bullard carter at qosient.com
Mon Nov 15 12:53:27 EST 2010

Yes, but the idea is to get through the packets quickly using argus, then use
one of the ra* programs to merge the multiple status reports together.  If a
"single flow = single report" is your goal then, there are tools provided to help.

Look at using rasqlinsert(), if you have access to mysql.  The keyword is "-M cache"
as you read on how to use it.  If mysql is not available, use racluster() with a custom
racluster.conf file.  An example is in ./support/Config/racluster.conf.

The trick is to set aggressive idle timeout values so you can get short lived flows
out of the engine quickly.  Sometimes matching flows like (" src net not x.y.0.0/16")
(flows originated from outside) is enough to identify flows that should be timed out
quickly.

Carter