Argus Freezes

Sunjeet Singh sstattla at gmail.com
Mon Nov 15 12:38:26 EST 2010

Upon more inspection,

1. If I take the -S 86400 clause out of the command, the size of the
.argus file grows quicker.

2. Most of the lines in the .argus file that is 1.8MB look like-
13:49:55.089264    s       tcp      x     ->      y        14
672   TIM
13:49:55.099318    s       tcp      p     ->      y        14
672   TIM
13:49:55.109202    s       tcp      q     ->      y        14
672   TIM
13:49:55.119555    s       tcp      r     ->      y        14
672   TIM
13:49:55.128928    s       tcp      z     ->      y        14
672   TIM

So it seems like Argus is working but very slowly. I don't know how to
tackle this problem. I have this 1.6 GB pcap file that I want to
summarize to flow-level using Argus but because this is a DDOS trace
Argus is very time consuming.

I'd greatly appreciate any help on this.
Thank you,
Sunjeet Singh