Argus Freezes

Sunjeet Singh sstattla at gmail.com
Mon Nov 15 12:12:04 EST 2010

Hi,

I'm using Argus 3.0.3.18 on 64-bit Mac OS X Snow Leopard.

I am trying to use the command-
/argus -S 86400 -r nettrace.pcap -w nettrace.argus/

on a file nettrace.pcap of size 1.6 GB and with only tcp packets. This
command keeps running indefinitely. Upon monitoring the size of the
nettrace.argus file when this command is executing, I found that its
size is stagnant at 8 KB and as soon as I abort that command the size
becomes 1.8 MB.

Argus is working great for other (smaller) traces that I am analyzing.
The only thing that makes this trace different from the others is that
this is a trace collected at a host witnessing a DDOS attack.

Can you please help me figure this out?

Thank you,
Sunjeet Singh