ragrep newbie question ?

Carter Bullard carter at qosient.com
Sun Mar 14 13:28:49 EDT 2010

Hey Julien,
ragrep() is obsolete.  Use the newer argus-clients-3.0.2 programs, all of which allow
you to grep, using the "-e" option. so try:

   ra -e "(http|https|ftp|get|post|head)" -r $src_log

with this you can specify source or destination data buffers etc....

Also, argus does not collect user data by default, you will need to run
argus with the "-U" option or configure it in your /etc/argus.conf file if
its not capturing.

The best way to verify is to printout user data buffers in the file you have:

   ra -r $src_log -s +suser:64

Carter