argus-clients-3.0.3.17

Carter Bullard carter at qosient.com
Tue Jul 27 17:48:28 EDT 2010

Gentle people,
I refreshed argus-clients-3.0.3.17.tar.gz on the developers site.
Unless we get some big bad bugs cropping up in the next day
or so, I'm going to release argus-[clients]-3.0.3.x as
argus-[clients]-3.0.4 in the next weeks.

Please give this distribution a test run for your specific interest.
17 has HUGE fixes for rabins() and ragraph(), I've added a
"--with-perl=DIR" option for configure.ac to poke the perl you want
into ragraph.pl and the other perl scripts.

ratop() has been debugged for the readline() variations that are on
the different BSDs and the Mac, which really isn't readline(), and it seems
to work well.  I turned color back on, and so that helps a bit.  It really is
'vi' for argus data, so do try it if you haven't.  Searching text in ratop() is
working well.  I've almost got hightlighting going, but can't seem to get
reverse video to do what I need for it to do.  You can use ratop() like vi to
bounce around the screen.   Control-D when the  cursor is over a flow record,
will change its direction, which can be very useful.

I will have a man page for ratop very soon.

Thanks for all the help!!!!!

CEO/President
QoSient, LLC
150 E 57th Street Suite 12D