adding arbitrary lables

Carter Bullard carter at qosient.com
Mon Jul 26 14:45:55 EDT 2010

Hey George,
Grab a ralabel.conf file from ./support/Config, as a starting point.

If you want the whole flow to get the label, use the flow filter based classifier.
Uncomment these lines:

   RALABEL_ARGUS_FLOW=yes
   RALABEL_ARGUS_FLOW_FILE="/path/to/argus-flow-file"

The argus-flow-file is very simple.  Use this line to label all flows:

   filter=""              label="foo"

And all the flows will have a label that is:

   "flow=foo"

If you instead want the label to be associated with an address, assuming
they are all IP flows,  use the address based label scheme.

In the ralabel.conf file from ./support/Config, uncomment these lines:

   RALABEL_IANA_ADDRESS=yes
   RALABEL_IANA_ADDRESS_FILE="/path/to/iana-address-file"

In the ./support/Config directory there is a sample iana-address-file, grab
this and edit this file to have only this line:

   0.0.0.0/1-255.255.255.255/1		foo

This will generate a label in each IP flow record that is:
   "saddr=foo:daddr=foo"

There are other strategies, but this should help?

Carter

On Jul 26, 2010, at 10:37 AM, George Jones wrote:

> So, what would the ralabel.conf look like if I wanted *all* records on input to be labeled "foo" ?
>
> Thanks,
> ---George Jones

Carter Bullard
CEO/President