argus and flow-tools

Carter Bullard carter at qosient.com
Thu Jul 8 09:50:47 EDT 2010

Hey Riccardo,
Mark is right, you will want to use the argus-client programs, specifically
radium() to have a daemon collect from your netflow source.  If you get
the latest developers code, which is almost ready to be released as
argus-clients-3.0.4, all the clients have new syntax for reading cisco records:

   ra -S cisco://host:port

where host is the destination address the router is configured to send
the records to, and port is the port.  You will use the same type of syntax
in the radium.conf file you would use for daemon collection.

If you use argus-clients-3.0.2 code, use the "-C" option for ra*.

   ra -C host:port

The man pages are pretty good on this topic.

Carter

On Jul 8, 2010, at 9:10 AM, Mark Poepping wrote:

> As I recall, you can set up any of the argus tools to read from a Cisco
> netflow export directly, take a look at the -C option..  [usual netflow data
> model caveats apply]
> Mark.

Carter Bullard
CEO/President