Wanted help in installing argus on cygwin

Carter Bullard carter at qosient.com
Fri Feb 26 17:24:01 EST 2010

Hey Suraj,
I have found fixes for the XDR issue you posted.  This involves a bit of
changes, and so I'll post a new argus-3.0.3.x.tar.gz to the developers
site this weekend or early on Monday.

The work around is to use the bsd-xdr package which you can get from here:
   http://code.google.com/p/bsd-xdr/

Once you've made the package, install it by hand in someplace like
/usr/local/include and /usr/local/lib.   I need to make changes to the
./argus/Makefile.in to deal with where to find the libraries, but I've got
an argus-3.0.3 running now on Windows 7, so it will work.

Sorry for any inconvenience,

Carter