argus-3.x request (forwarded)

Peter Van Epp vanepp at sfu.ca
Thu Feb 11 14:19:15 EST 2010

On Thu, Feb 11, 2010 at 11:59:27AM -0500, Carter Bullard wrote:
> Hey Peter,
> Do you have (or did you have) any packets that express this problem
> where the same flow is on the wire multiple times, but in different tunnels?
> I'm starting to think about a general solution, but could use some packets
> to help me ponder the problem.
>
> Carter

	Unfortuntatly "did have" is the operant word :-). It showed up on SFU's
backbone (which was at tha point a weird place for historitcal reasons) about
5 or 6 years ago when I was using one of my test boxes on a tap from the
backbone since it wasn't prod I didn't keep the traces. The production boxes
were on a more sensible connection and never had the problem so the SFU
archives won't have a copy either. I don't have access to SFU's network any
more and even if I did, I don't know that we didn't finally clean up the
config that was causing the issue.
	It may be possible to recreate the problem here using multiple
overlayed networks on a FreeBSD box and turning on forwarding to route between
the overlay networks and doing a capture here. I'll have a poke at it.

Peter Van Epp