Using ra commands to filter on the relationship between sent and received bytes

The Branches branchbunch at gmail.com
Mon Apr 19 17:57:10 EDT 2010

Hi,

Is there any way to compare one flow record attribute to another flow
record attribute with the ra tools?  When doing network forensics,
sometimes I want to find sessions in which the sender transmitted more
bytes than the receiver did, crudely looking for signs of data
ex-filtration from known-compromised inside hosts.   I have tried syntax
like this to no avail.

ra -r argus.file - "host infected-internal-host and src bytes gt dst bytes"

It appears that the value to the right of the comparison operator has to
be a fixed value rather than another attribute name, but just in case
there is some other way to do this, I thought I'd ask.

Kevin Branch