database indexing support additions

Carter Bullard carter at qosient.com
Fri Apr 9 17:15:05 EDT 2010

Hey John,
So, rasqltimeindex() doesn't care if the file is sorted or not, and generates
correct byte offsets for each second in the file, regardless.  When the file is
not time sorted, however, the index may not necessarily provide an improvement
over simple linear search for the time based data.  In your case, however,
the index will still help alot, as your file will not be grossly out of order.

I understand about DB vs file.  I don't necessarily have a apriori requirement
for MySQL to run an argus archive.  So, we can implement this as a file,
rather than in a database table, but a database has a bit better searching
capabilities than a simple sequential file.

One thing we could do is prepend the file with this type of index, to help
in generic file data processing.  Maybe have a minute index rather than
a second index?

Carter