radium stops passing traffic

Jason Carr jcarr at andrew.cmu.edu
Fri Sep 25 13:12:23 EDT 2009

Hi guys,

Here's what's going on right now.  We've got two argus processes
running on our Bivio unit plus two radium processes.  One radium
process runs on the Bivio to essentially multiplex and forward to the
external radium process that runs on our long term storage machine.

What happens currently is that after a dynamic amount of time the
radium running on Bivio stops passing the traffic to the external
radium process.  Killing radium and restarting it fixes the problem
immediately.  Running radium in debug mode (-D 999) yields a 6.5G
output file, so I don't think I'll be sending that one along.

How much debugging needs to be on to get a good understanding of why
this radium process would stop passing traffic?

Thanks,

Jason