rasqlinsert only filling in about 1500 rows?

Carter Bullard carter at qosient.com
Thu Oct 15 13:20:16 EDT 2009

Hey Chance,
Still working on the manpage/documentation.
In double checking the issues in your email, I found a bug regarding
the keys,
so grab argus-clients-3.0.2.tar.gz again, and use it as a starting
point.

So the real question is what are you trying to accomplish?
If you want to just store the data straight from the sensor into the
database, you
don't want to have a database key (this way you can have multiple
records in
the database that reference the same flow).

    rasqlinsert -m none

If you want the database to contain a single row entry per flow, then
you will want
rasqlinsert() to aggregate flow records based on an aggregation key
and you will
want the database to use the same key strategy.  This is the default
mode for all
argus record aggregators like racluster(), rabins(), ratop(), and now
rasqlinsert().
The schema for the table should have the keys specified in its mysql()
descriiption.

If you want to change the key, you use the "-m field field field"
option to do so, but
make sure that the table you use has the same schema, if it already
exists in the
database.  rasqlinsert() doesn't do schema verfication/validation yet.

If you don't want the entries to be deleted as they time out, you will
need to add this option:
    "-M cache"

This basically sez use the database as the flow cache.

Once you get the new client code from the server, the way you are
running rasqlinsert(), you
should expect the table to have a primary key that includes the
standard 5-tuple fields plus the
srcid.  If you don't get that when you ask mysql() to describe the
table, then you need to drop
the table and let rasqlinsert() recreate it.

Send email if you're still getting weird behavior after getting the
new code.

Carter

Carter Bullard
CEO/President