rabins zero option

David lists at edeca.net
Tue May 5 10:41:45 EDT 2009

Perhaps I'm not interpreting the zero option correctly but it does not
appear to work correctly for me in the following case.  All data is
sorted by stime already and I am trying to get hourly/daily byte
counts as suggested in a previous thread.

I run:

$ rabins -M zero time 1h -R ./data/ - port 22

I have tried passing a specific timerange with -t but I do not get
zero records.  Running in debug mode does not show any of the messages
which would suggest a zero record had been created.  I have also tried
both hard and soft options.  I'm definitely not trying to filter on
src/dst, which I assume might cause problems if used as above.

I'm using the 3.0.2-beta6 clients, should it be possible to get zero
records as above?  That would greatly help with graphing, as the
"time" axis would be constant (zeros instead of missing records) no
matter what port filter I use.

If only Excel wasn't so poor at handling mixed date/time columns
(OpenOffice manages fine, fortunately).

Thanks again.

David